Many of our first time consignors want to know what to expect at drop off. In short, it’s frenzied and fantastic fun.
Here’s a few things to keep in mind:
- You’ll arrive at the location, armed with one, small, convenient item that has your tag on it. You’ll walk into the welcome area and meet Melanie Salamone – she’s one of the owners. She will check you in and get you on your way.
- You’ll then take your paperwork and walk over to the unloading area. You’ll see lots of cars parked nice and close. We hope to allow easy access and a ramp for flatbed cards to help you out. Walk into the unloading area with your paperwork and meet the volunteer who is handling the Drop Off Desk.
- You’ll get the lay of the land – you will see that there are marked off areas (usually designated with a number) and one of these areas will be assigned to you. You’ll be able to unload the entirety of your car/van into this spot.
- Once you are given your area and have unloaded your vehicle, you’ll begin to hang up your clothes on portable racks. A team of volunteers work the Drop Off area – and one or more will be assigned to you. They will do a quick inspection looking for stains and tears. As they are doing this – often there is a lull in time for you. This is a great time to put some of your toys/books/mommy items out on the floor in their designated locations. The volunteers will finish up and you’ll be set to wheel the rack out on to the floor.
- This is where your organization at home will really pay off! If your clothes are already organized by size, hang them up that way. Then, when you walk to “Girls 2T” you can just grab your items, drop them off and move on. No sorting, no waiting, less work!
- Once you’ve gotten all your items on the floor – and often, we’ll have volunteers able to help when they can – you’re free to leave.
Organization is key to a successful Drop Off. Wear comfortable shoes and plan on about an hour. We look forward to seeing you!