As I whipped up a batch of brownies today, my little one was desperate to help. I love that my kids want to get in on baking, cooking, measuring, and the all-important tasting. Keeping a box of something handy is a great way to get that aroma of the holidays to fill your home – and to engage with your child in a meaningful way. Which is why I thought it to be providential that this weekends JBF Corporate Blog had a post about making cookies with your kids. Enjoy – in more ways than one!
Who doesn’t love yummy holiday cookies? Especially homemade cookies! The best part about these cookies is they are so delicious and super easy to make. These are festive, yummy, and perfect for the holiday.
• 1 Box of White Cake Mix
• 1/3 Cup Oil
• 2 Eggs
• 2 Tbs Sprinkles
• 1 Cup mini M&Ms
• Preheat oven to 350º F.
• Instead of following the instruction on the cake mix box combine the dry cake mix powder, 1/3 cup oil and 2 eggs together.
• Stir with a SPOON until it’s thoroughly moist.
• Add the sprinkles to the cake batter and mix together.
• Shape dough into 1″ balls. Place them about 2″ apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
• With the bottom of a glass dipped in flour, flatten to approximately 1/4″ thick.
• Gently press a bunch of mini M&Ms on top of each cookie.
• Bake them at 350º F for 7 to 8 minutes. Do not overcook them; they will get harder as they dry.
I promise these will be your kids new favorite holiday treat. They will be asking for them even when the holiday season is over.