Creative Arts is not limited to wealthy patrons in opera boxes or the superstar on the radio – it’s the very painting your child creates, the plays they put on and the songs they sing. Encourage your child to create as their mind and imagination develops. Show them that the stars they see can become their very own!
In our continuing series of Get a Move On – we look at fundamental benchmarks of where your young child should be relative to their peers. As always, with any concerns you have, make sure to speak to your pediatrician. Each child is perfectly made in his/her own way!
- Participates with increasing interest in musical activities
- Experiments with a variety of instruments
- Progresses in ability to draw, paint, model for creative expression
- Gains the ability in using different art media and materials
- Expresses through movement and dancing what is felt and heard through music
- Shows growth in moving in time to music
- Participates in a variety of dramatic play that become more extended and complex
- Shows growing creativity and imagination in using materials and in assuming different roles in play situations
This is part of the Get a Move On series – keeping your child healthy through activity and movement.