Throughout the year, we’ve encouraged you to get up, get moving and get active with your child. As your little one grows, so does their curiosity regarding the world around them. Coach them along – get out there an experience their world, they will love you for it.
Still need a few ideas? Here are a few tips for family fitness fun!
- Schedule regular times throughout the week for your family to be physically active
- Help everyone find something active that they enjoy and feel successful doing
- Use a pedometer to determine which activities require the most steps
- Write down personal goals and track everyone’s progress
- Wear loose fitting clothing and proper shoes to permit freedom of movement.
- Be sure to warm up. Stay flexibly by stretching and cool down following your workout.
Remember, it doesn’t not have to cost a lot of money to activate the family!
This is part of the Get a Move On series – keeping your child healthy through activity and movement.