Such a cute, quick craft to make your home festive – thanks to the JBF Corporate Blog!
Ready or not, fall will be in full-force in a just a few weeks. I cannot wait until it gets cool enough to pull out my favorite pair of boots and my flannel button-ups! However, to pass the time I’ve started switching out my summer decor with my favorite fall pieces. Shopping for home decor is so much fun, but there’s nothing quite like creating your favorite decor staple all on your own! The ideal DIY project is simple enough to make but is also something that doesn’t necessarily look homemade. A great addition to any mantel, staircase, or even a fireplace, here’s my favorite DIY project for October!
DIY Yarn Pumpkin Garland
- Orange yarn
- Green pipe cleaner
- First, wrap yarn around four fingers about 120 or so, until the bundle is thick and full.
- Then, cut a 10-inch piece of yarn and stick it between your fingers to wrap it around the big yarn loop. Make sure it wraps all the way around the yarn bundle.
- Line up the piece of yarn in the middle of the yarn loop, and tie it into a knot. Make sure you pull the knot tight, and it covers the back of the loop also.
- After you have your basic pumpkin shape, cut a 2-inch piece of pipe cleaner. Tie the pipe cleaner on the top of the pumpkin using the two loose strands of yarn from step 3. Don’t trim loose strands yet!
- Wrap the pipe cleaner around itself to form the stem. Do this by folding both ends towards each other, to create the stem straight above the pumpkin.
- In addition to folding the pipe cleaner, twist both ends of the pipe cleaner in a spiral, to create an intertwined stem.
- Following after steps 1-6, it’s time to fluff up your pumpkin!
- Also, tuck in any loose loops and make sure your pumpkin is fully rounded.
- After you make enough pumpkins, you’re ready to assemble your garland.
- Finally, use the loose strings on the pumpkin to tie the pumpkin to the twine. Make sure the pumpkins are easily secured to the twine, and your garland is ready to hang!
With just a few short steps and a little patience, you have a cute pumpkin garland perfect for any space! You can even switch up the colors for a more fun home, or go all white for a more simplistic look. This garland on a mantel or even draped along a fireplace with some candles and votives. What are some of your favorite fall DIY decor projects?
Hey all – did you print out your check from your email? Good for you!
Now…did you cash it?! Get your money into the bank! (And, help us out quite a bit to settle out the account from the last sale ensuring each of you has what you are owed for your item sales.
Help a JBFfer out – and get your money! Seriously, who says that?! How cool is that. Here…have some money!
For our JBF friends on the south side of Kent County or perhaps the north end of Allegan County, here is a great way to make sure your car seat is installed correctly. Please note an appointment is needed!
Just a little fun – and time for you – a DYI pumpkin mask for when you can finally get the kids to school or bed – and take a moment to just breathe. Thanks to the JBF Corporate Blog for the post!
When you think of fall, you think of all things pumpkin. Whether you count down the days to the release of pumpkin lattes, pumpkin pie, or dressing up your porch decor, pumpkins are everywhere. Believe it or not, you can add even more pumpkin spice to your life with this DIY face mask. As a matter of fact, pumpkin is actually great for your skin! It’s not only full of vitamins A, C, and E but also has potassium and antioxidants perfect for skin discoloration. This mask is refreshing and has a little tingle, but leaves your skin super fresh and gives you that perfect glow. The best part of this mask is that it’s not only effective but super easy to make! Here’s all you need for the perfect addition to your beauty routine.
Pumpkin Face Mask
- 2 tbsp canned pumpkin puree or 1 small pumpkin
- 1/2 tsp organic honey
- 1/2 tsp milk
- Make sure you apply this mask to a fresh, clean face. Remove all makeup and wash your face with your favorite cleanser.
- Next, combine pumpkin puree, honey, and milk in a small bowl and mix well. If you decide to use a fresh pumpkin, make sure to scrape the insides and remove all seeds. Beat the insides to a creamy texture, and mix with your honey and milk.
- Then, apply the mask using your fingers or a brush. Avoid areas around your eyes during application. If you’d like to apply to your neck and the area below your chin, make a separate mixture and double the ingredients.
- Allow your mask to set for about 25 minutes.
- After setting, gently wash your face with a warm, damp cloth and make sure to follow with your favorite moisturizer!
This recipe can always be doubled or tripled to make a larger batch, perfect for patches of skin that need a little R&R! A little goes a long way, and you want to make sure you use your mask when it’s fresh. Not to mention, the best part about making your own mask is that you can revise the recipe to what best suits you. As well as this being a great face mask, you can even make a daily cleanser by altering the ingredients! As always, do a spot test if you have sensitive skin. What are some of your favorite DIY pumpkin masks and exfoliants? Leave your comments below!
Have you depositors your check yet? Grand Rapids checks were issued September 19 and Kalamazoo checks were issued October 10.
It’s really as simple as it seems. Print off your eCheck. Cut off the check from the instructions and deposit like you normally would!
You got your clutter cleared. Now…Get that money!
Direct from http://www.mlive.com:
More than 500,000 car seats made by Diono have been recalled due to a risk that they will not properly protect children in the event of a crash.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports in documents posted Oct. 6 that 519,052 car seats are included in the recall. Diono was formerly known as Sunshine Kids Juvenile, and the recall includes its Radian R100, Radian R120, Radian RXT, Olympia, Pacifica and Rainier car seats.
The reason for the recall is due to the NHTSA ruling that when the seats are secured only using the lap belt that children weighing more than 65 pounds will have an increased risk of chest injury during a crash.
Worried that your typical mom to mom sale runs out of bargains to be had? Not with the Just Between Friends sale! Our inventory is awesome and our half price day is one of our shopper favorites!
Throughout the venue, many, many of our tags have ability to go half off today. Simply look for a tag without a star and you will have a great bargain in hand! Items without a star will be half off at the register.
Come shop the sale, come see what this is all about, and come see why a JBF sale is unlike any other!
Good gravy, we’re having some fun with our Kalamazoo sale this weekend! Bargains galore are around every corner. We’re enjoying seeing the full Ikea bags and happy shoppers!
We’re open until 8pm today (Saturday) and our half off day is tomorrow from 8am to 12pm. Come find some great deals!
Looking forward to seeing your hard working, smiling faces today! Drop off starts this afternoon at 2500 Lake Street…enter on the back (west) side of the expo center!