Just a little fun – and time for you – a DYI pumpkin mask for when you can finally get the kids to school or bed – and take a moment to just breathe. Thanks to the JBF Corporate Blog for the post!
When you think of fall, you think of all things pumpkin. Whether you count down the days to the release of pumpkin lattes, pumpkin pie, or dressing up your porch decor, pumpkins are everywhere. Believe it or not, you can add even more pumpkin spice to your life with this DIY face mask. As a matter of fact, pumpkin is actually great for your skin! It’s not only full of vitamins A, C, and E but also has potassium and antioxidants perfect for skin discoloration. This mask is refreshing and has a little tingle, but leaves your skin super fresh and gives you that perfect glow. The best part of this mask is that it’s not only effective but super easy to make! Here’s all you need for the perfect addition to your beauty routine.
Pumpkin Face Mask
- 2 tbsp canned pumpkin puree or 1 small pumpkin
- 1/2 tsp organic honey
- 1/2 tsp milk
- Make sure you apply this mask to a fresh, clean face. Remove all makeup and wash your face with your favorite cleanser.
- Next, combine pumpkin puree, honey, and milk in a small bowl and mix well. If you decide to use a fresh pumpkin, make sure to scrape the insides and remove all seeds. Beat the insides to a creamy texture, and mix with your honey and milk.
- Then, apply the mask using your fingers or a brush. Avoid areas around your eyes during application. If you’d like to apply to your neck and the area below your chin, make a separate mixture and double the ingredients.
- Allow your mask to set for about 25 minutes.
- After setting, gently wash your face with a warm, damp cloth and make sure to follow with your favorite moisturizer!
This recipe can always be doubled or tripled to make a larger batch, perfect for patches of skin that need a little R&R! A little goes a long way, and you want to make sure you use your mask when it’s fresh. Not to mention, the best part about making your own mask is that you can revise the recipe to what best suits you. As well as this being a great face mask, you can even make a daily cleanser by altering the ingredients! As always, do a spot test if you have sensitive skin. What are some of your favorite DIY pumpkin masks and exfoliants? Leave your comments below!